Tuesday, November 27

Nothing seems funny today

I am still feeling this cold. Last night it seemed I woke up every two hours, usually from some weird-ass dream (probably induced from the medication I am taking for the cold) so I am a bit irritable today. With this being EOM week, you'd think that would cause mass amounts of problems for my co-workers, but this week certainly is not going to be a ball buster. I have hardly anything to pressure for closing this week. Not good, but makes for an easier week being sick.

I have been reading the newest release from Stephen R Donaldson the past few days. I am sure some of you remember the Thomas Covenant series (there were two trilogies). Well, a few years back he decided to do one last chronicle. the first book was "The Runes of the Earth", and the second book was just released a few weeks ago titled "Fatal Revenant". I am only a third through the book and am anxious to see how it ends. But seeing how it is a new release, I am taking my time and reading this book only prior to going to bed. Most of my other reading time is amongst whatever books I can get my hands on from friends or whatnot. My book reading has put my magazine reading behind, so today I brought a stack of about 20 magazines in to work to review whilst on downtime here. I am already a third through that stack today, adding movies I want to see to my Netflix queue.

I am actually looking forward to another extra day off soon. Unfortunately that won't be until Christmas. I see it falls on a Tuesday this year, so I wonder if I will get Monday off as well. Would be nice to have another 4 day weekend, then followed up possibly the next week for New Year's as well. Probably too much to ask for, but I am hoping.

Speaking of Christmas, it is time to start shopping if you haven't already. The Wife and I try to get most of ours done by the second week of December, but you know sometimes how that can get messed up. I am trying to order stuff from online, but have to watch what I order. Noting for the wife since she sees the bank account. But I did pick up a couple good book series for my oldest son, and a nephew of the same age. That leaves many more still to go. I suppose this weekend I will have to sit with the Wife and see what stuff she has been able to complete early this year, and then we will go from there. Since my sister and brother read here, I am not getting you any presents, and expect the same from you. I am just concentrating on kids this year, outside my immediate family.

Other than that, today I only have rambling thoughts I need to take care of, like :

- I need to stop and get air in the front tires - they are looking a bit low. But no gas station on the right side of the road on the way home.

- My younger sister (about 11 years younger than I) has met a guy that is closer in age to me, then her. I need to sit down and think about that...

- Should I start sending out my resume again, especially if work doesn't start picking up?

- Tonight is Poker night - wonder if I should go feeling the way I do. I need to win 2nd place again so I have 2 more free steak dinners as I used my last one up on Sunday.

- Ugh! My hair. Should I buzz it down again, or actually let it grow out. I should shave the beard too since it has those off centered grey patches coming in. I don't know.

- I need to plan my next trip to somewhere. I can't decide - Indiana or Montana? Geez, will I have the money for the airline and rental car for either?

Okay, enough ponderables for now. Obviously I have my plate full enough for the moment. Have a good Tuesday, and maybe tomorrow will be better for both of us.

PeacE

No comments: