Wednesday, May 11

Another Hump Day

It is another Middle of the Week and I there is obviously, nothing of exciting value to read here today. See ya next time.

On my calendar... actually, I don't mark it on one, just keep the day in my head kinda thing, it is a Gym Day. So I have been in already this morning and did a good workout. I am feeling that... rubbery, exhausted kind of feeling over most of my body. Sort of a good feeling, ain't it? considering, it didn't just 'happen' like a stroke or something. Still, in a weird way I wonder why I do this to myself... though I know why. I actually considered weighing myself today, but I talked myself out of it. I know I feel good. I don't want to get my hopes up that a HUGE number of pounds is going to drop off of me in 2 days...unless I had my leg amputated, or something similar. Mondays are for the scale.... Wed & Fri are for fixing what the scale tells me I messed up on (meaning, to work out harder since I was being bad and gained weight).

I guess my niece is having a party this weekend, though her birthday isn't until June. I think they wanted it to where many of her friends could be there, as I assume some are probably doing vacations/trips at the time of her  bday. In fact, I think Sis mentioned some church teen camps her kids might be going to attend. I can't remember for sure. It just sounds right. Not sure if my oldest is going, though it is his cousin, and a "teenager" party. I should know tonight.

Rusty, (Spawn of Satan, aka Crack Kitty) has adapted well to having Daisy in the house. Though he is about twice the size of her, they literally chase each other through the house.... dog after cat, then back through with cat after dog, until Rusty gets tired of it, and jumps up to where Daisy can't get him. Several times a day I hear the noise... bark, bark, bark.... bark bark bark ... bark bark bark. I need to teach Daisy how to be quiet. Any clues? I don't want to punish her, as she is a pup and is just having fun, but the barking gets n my nerves. Heh, be mean and use one of them 'No Bark' collars... no. I couldn't do that.

Okay, I am out of here. Stuman has today off from work, and since we both play the same game on Facebook, one called Farmville, and I am helping him out get some items. Laters!

PeacE

1 comment:

Spockgirl said...

I would say don't bother with the constant weighing. Set a goal weight for a certain (realistic) time frame and then just go with it. Leave the scale out (for now). From what I have read thusfar on your blog, the scale and the weekly weigh-ins will just add more frustration. If you are really serious, grab a tape measure and ascertain the girth of your waist. Write that measurement and your weight on a post-it (yes... a piece of paper) and stick it to the computer screen. Then write your goal down as well. On the blog you could just say "My goal is to lose "x" pounds, and I'll weigh myself in a month to see how it's going."

This isn't something that is going to happen overnight. You have to be able to breathe.