Thursday, May 26

Here It Comes Again

It's 2am and I am wide awake. Another possible bout of insomnia starting up again I fear. Slept good last night, and cannot figure out why I am so awake tonight. I read for about an hour, and felt tired, all at the usual time, but laying in bed for a couple hours wasn't enough to fall asleep. Usually I am out in like 10 minutes or less.

The boys finished up the school year today. The older one made Principal's List with all As (4x this year) and the middle one had all Es & Ms ('Exceeds' and 'Meets' - why they don't use a grade scale for kids in elementary anymore, I have no clue). The middle one also brought home in his end of school stuff a 2nd place ribbon that he won in the APEX Chess Tournament. APEX is the 'Project Potential'-type program for advanced kids - he goes about once a week to another school for this program. The Wife and I decided that with good grades from both, we should do dinner out, and went to a place I had not been in for several years, called Fuddruckers. It is a hamburger-type sit down restaurant. Has different size burgers (1/3, 2/3, 1/2 poundages) and other custom order types, then a huge condiment bar where you put all sorts of things ya want on your sandwich and fries. I forgot how much I like that place, and it is fairly close to home, too. The boys had no idea - of course, one was real young, and the other 2 non-existent the last time we went there - but the two younger ones really liked it as well.

Welp, I am off to try to find something else that may help get me sleepy. Already am Facebook'ed out, and I feel random crap building in my head that I am sure most of you don't want me to share.

PeacE

No comments: