Tuesday, May 31

Feeling Discomfort

It's 3:30am here. I was awakened about an hour ago with some pretty intense discomfort in my mouth. I'm waiting for the full effect of the ibuprofen, hoping it will alleviate the discomfort enough that I can crawl back to bed and get some more sleep. It's coming from where I had had a couple crowns done about a year or so ago. I am not sure if the tooth furthest back along that side is having issues, and throwing the pain forward a bit, or if maybe I inadvertently "bruised" the gum/bone area under the crown by some unfortunate amount of pressure (ie. teeth clenching, or accidentally biting extremely hard on something - though I can't recall doing that). Either way, I know my regular dentist is on vacation until the 6th - next week. I am going to try to get through the next few days using ibuprofen, and see what happens. I am hoping it is only the "bruise" and it will decrease in discomfort over the next day or so. If not, I will struggle through to next week, and see how fast they can get me in to check for possible other factors. I cringe at the thought of yet another root canal and crown..... All I know is it started being a bit of problem yesterday early evening, shortly after having a nap. I sometimes grind my teeth (I'm told) at night, so maybe did this while napping.

Sunday I watched the Indy 500, or at least the most interesting last 30 laps. I should check later today to see what the final results are, if they are out. I heard there was an issue about who gets the actual win, due to the possibility of a caution, and the passing of the car. Afternoon I went up to the pub to watch Nascar with some friends. As the race ended, my Sis calls and turns out my brother was up at her place for the night, and they were going to play some poker, so I went up there for the night as well. Drank more beer, played cards, and ended up catching up with Stuman for most of the night. Family came over later in the morning, and we had a good family day.

Aside for the issues of my discomfort, this week doesn't appear to hold alot of interesting things. I take Daisy in for her next series of puppy shots, and schedule Rusty, aka Spawn of Satan and Crack Kitty, for his yearly.

Ibuprofen has seemed to start kicking in. I am going to head back to bed and see if it is enough to at least let me get some more sleep.

PeacE

No comments: