Tuesday, May 3

Tomorrow Will Probably Be Wasted

Don't just nod your head and say,"Thats't the Ralphd00d I read about. Wasted again!" Go back and read it right.

I decided today (actually a few weeks back, but finally got around to it) to take myself off the oxygen concentrator that is setup in-line with my CPAP machine at night. It's expensive. Already this year I have paid over $500 for the rental of it, due to insurance deductibles, and now, with the Wife at a new job, the insurance changes again, and the deductibles are there again. No. I'm done. For it being on the lowest setting the machine has (1L) it's ridiculous! And the fact that I had to use the CPAP alone for a week before they ever got the paperwork sorted out and brought it to me, there was no difference adding it on.

Several weeks ago, I did a oxygen-sensor thingy to see how my oxygen levels were at night, with the oxygen machine turned off. The Wife said every time she checked it, it was fine- in the 90's, where it is supposed to be. Why the hell would I need the oxygen ...?

So I called and paid the $150+ for the recent billing I received (still paying deductible from the previous insurance). Then I told them I needed someone to come pick it up. They tell me I am required to have a doctor's order to stop treatment, and that they wouldn't come get it. I put on my stern voice, and told them, in certain terms, that I can do whatever the hell I want. Of course she brings up I would have to sign some sort of AMA form (I presume it will read that no one but me assumes responsibility for taking myself off the whisper of oxygen without doctors orders). I told them to send it with the driver, and make sure he has a pen.

Sigh. Then I called and canceled the pulmonary doctor appointment I was to have in a couple weeks. This is the doc that made me get on the damn oxygen based on a report from the sleep study (where I did it without the CPAP until late in the night - so of course my results on oxygen were bad) and he had never met me. My PCP is the one not stepping on any one's toes, and told me I would have to talk to this doc about the oxygen, but I just circumvented the whole plot, saved myself a few hundred (new patient costs, deductibles, etc), and just ended that circle now.

Compared to last October, I feel much better overall, and I know, it's like 'Duh!'.... but still. So now I got all that frustration out from dealing with that crap today. Oh, the post title.... yeah, I asked when they would be sending someone out to pick it up (and have me sign the form) and all I got was "Sometime tomorrow" so I can't really leave to make sure I don't miss him...even though he is "supposed" to call me before he comes over. Last time they didn't.

Figures. What I thought was working out, there's always some sort of catch, right?

On the good side, I also called the vet and got Daisy scheduled for next week on the next puppy vaccine series shot. Found out Rusty, aka Spawn of Satan, is due for his come near the end of June. The tow of them are getting along great now, and play together quite a bit, until Rusty decides he is done, makes her yelp and jumps up out of reach. Still funny to see them play.

PeacE

No comments: