Thursday, May 12

Feeling A Bit Disappointed

I have been checking prices for hotel rooms in the Mission Bay/San Diego area for this July for the Over The Line tournament. I haven't been in 3 years, and am making a trip this summer taking along a friend that has never been. Finally sorted out the details on where we are staying, though I need to get the reservations set. Checking on airline flights/cost now.

One of the things I had always done previously was the Circle of Champions, at the OTL. It was a ticket only place to drink and eat free all day. I would sit there and 'reserve' a table for all my buddies out playing ball. It was nice, sit at the shaded table, drink beer and bourbon, check out all the pretty ladies. I guess last year, my buddy that gets the mailing for the tickets, had not gotten any. Evidently, they removed him from the mailing list this year. We were texting about it this morning, and he said he was worried as normally it had arrived by now. I went searching and found the website. They are completely sold out for the Saturday we will be there. Damn,

What is nice though, as a possible alternate, is his girlfriend's brother owns a bar over near there. He does a "beer tent" and if he is doing one this year, we might get into it... (crossing my fingers).

Otherwise, things are looking good for the trip.

PeacE

No comments: