Wednesday, May 18

The Angst Begins ...

Thirteen years ago, my oldest son was born. I remember arguing with my Wife when it came to choosing a name for him. She won, while on in the midst of delivery, when the doctor asked what his name was going to be. It was one of those looks. Guys, you know what I am talking about. I just shut up and nodded. Hence, he is stuck with my monniker, with a "IV" tacked on the end. Years later, I feel the pride of that number.


Last night I had asked him where he would like to go for dinner tonight, so once everyone gets home, it will be off to Olive Garden. That surprised me a bit. I was expecting something like Old Country Buffet, or maybe one of the steakhouse kind of places. But then I remembered, he loves the sausage and pasta plate they have there. I personally love the endless salad bowl, as their dressing is fantastic.

The daughter and I went shopping for birthday gifts, and came home with quite a few items I know he will enjoy. I suppose I will be wrapping them once I get back home from the gym. Well, my wrapping consists of putting stuff in gift bags and putting some color of tissue over the top.

One week until the boys are finished up with their school year. I know the middle one is ready for it. Some time back, he was pulling the stunt about fighting going to school. Well, he pulled it again Monday, so has been grounded from quite a bit at home. He is upset about it all, but he knows why he got in trouble. Sigh. Sometimes....

Wish my Dad had been around all these years ....

PeacE

No comments: