Tuesday, May 10

Social Networking Slut

I admit it. I spend way too much time on Facebook. It's not like I don't have absolutely anything better to do, I just get distracted so easy... when I don't have a job to do that is. I check into my FB account more often than my regular email. Actually, more than any of the places I have email addresses. Truthfully, more than anywhere else - including here.

The part that is even sadder? There are truly ZILLIONS (my estimate only, though it feels like a low one) worse than I when it comes to be Facebook addiction. I admit, I play about 5 games regularly on there. Daily. Sometimes up to several times a day. But I don't live on there. I know some people that log in, and never log out. And they respond at all different hours. I have heard of "bot programs" that do something like log you into games, and does routine stuff so you don't have to do them.... But I am talking real people, just on all the time.

I have never been a person that enjoys just "chatting" on the phone. I am not a real social person (until I get some beers in me). But I have no problem keeping up with reading/responding to status updates from family & friends. Or playing games, sending you gifts int he game, or requests to come play it with me. It's all FREE aftera ll... isn't that the great part?

Sigh. I think it is becoming an addiction, like gambling. I wonder.... one min, gonna go Google something.

Heh. Why am I not surprised to find all about Facebook addiction. Here: http://www.wikihow.com/Defeat-a-Facebook-Addiction

I am slow to get on this subject evidently. Oh well. I know I am not an addict from the basic symptoms discussed on that site, and a few others I browsed. I use it too much, true. I think I am going to limit myself better. Heh. If I go to the gym more/longer there would be less time available and would do me better.

Okay, so lame topic. But are you on Facebook? Gonna send me a friend request? Hunt me up!

PeacE

No comments: