Thursday, May 3

Gonna Be One Of Them Days

Some mornings, you just wake up and have one of those internal feelings, that your day is gonna be something. I don't get them often myself, or if I do, I don't notice it much. But every now and then, I can say from the time I open my eyes, that it is going to be a good day, or a bad day, or whatever. Today, it feels like Ick. Not Ick as in sickly feeling, just a bit different than Blah. Could be a good or bad thing.

I am done with the son. The three of us talked about grades, school, and future last night, with the result being that we, as parents, are giving him all the responsibility in completing/turning in homework. Not that we won't help when asked, but we cannot be hounding him about it, especially when he lies to us and tells us he has none. We gave him long-range possibilities of what would happen if he continued to not care about his schoolwork, including the chance of no financial help once graduated from HS, to even the extreme of sending him to some facility where delinquents were just short of criminals. Okay, the last one was more a 'scare tactic', but either way, I hope he got the hint. We made sure he knew that even though it was his duty to complete his work to the best of his ability, but if he was not proving he could do better (ie, if needs help, asking; show he is struggling with it, etc) then he is going to suffer repercussions. Hint: Grounding, loss of privileges, etc. Now to see if he understood.

Either way, it is going to help free up some of the stress I have been feeling the past couple days about that whole situation. I think it is working a bit too. He was up til after 3am this morning finishing up his research paper that is due today. Why so late? Because he was trying to blow it off I think. Not my problem now though.

Well, I think I need some breakfast this morning. I feel like I want to go back to bed, too, but have to head to MIL's to sit with FIL this morning. I guess he went to the doc yesterday, and his Parkinson's is still gaining on him. Wish so much there was a cure for it. Even the doc told MIL to seriously start looking for an assisted living facility. MIL has been trying the past year or so, to handle him on her own, but you can see the stress she has been under. Part of that 'in sickness and in health' feeling she has, and of course, it gets expensive, and that's if they don't make you sign over all your money to them (the assisted living facilities).

Okay, I am out. Have a nice Thursday!

PeacE

No comments: