Thursday, May 24

Sometimes It Just All Comes Together

I was a bit worried yesterday. It all had to do with the pool team. I was anxious, more than worried, as it was the first night of league play, and I was not sure about one teammate. Another had called and said due to work, he was not going to make it. The person that said they would sub couldn't make it as well. So I am down one player already, and another that I couldn't even get in contact with. I am thinking that the first night was not going to be smooth.

While waiting for the games to begin, I finally was able to contact the one player, and found out he would be unable to play at all for the season. Now I am down two players for the night, plus needing to fill a spot. With a bit of help form my buddies, we were able to find a couple people interested in playing, or being another sub for the season. But no one was able to attend last night due to the short notice. Now I am down to just three players for the night, which is barely enough to not give a forfeit.

The other team never showed up. Yeah. We were the AWAY team, and the HOME bar didn't have a team show up. Not one person. So, we received all the wins for the night. I even was a good boy and was home by 9pm. When it just works out good like that, it's great!

Getting ready to head out to breakfast with Preacher Tom. Then I need to do some grocery shopping as one local market has some really good deals on pork chops and ground beef. Wife told me to 'get the limit' on them as we won't see prices like that for awhile. It will pretty much finish filling up the freezer space we have as well, and I am sure we will be sharing some of it with the In-Laws.

PeacE

No comments: