Wednesday, May 23

Waiting For the Other Shoe to Drop

The last week and a half have been pretty good for my family. I feel that I (rather than We) have been finally able to get some things done that needed to be done. I got my eyeglasses. The Daughter got her car serviced (more here in a bit). School is ending out the year, and we have 2 boys having Promotion events. Sounds like the perfect American family thing, right? How bad is it going to be when reality catches back up?

Got the Daughter's car into the shop yesterday. I believe I previously mentioned, it had the check engine light on, and a mechanic friend a few months back got the code that it was catalytic converter related. The garage verified that issue. Good news that they let me know, is since it is a GM manufacture (Pontiac) the catalytic is covered under a 80,000/8 year warranty. She only has about 76K on it, so it is covered. They recommended that I call a GM dealer to have it taken there for the converter. Meanwhile, there were other items that needed to be addressed. Those included new plugs, PCV valve (a tune up basically), new serpentine belt, a power steering system flush (they said the fluid was black), and a couple smaller items that I just told them to do, because they could. Oh, and I told them to do an oil change, too. She got her car back last night and says it runs much better, and that the issues she had had seemed to be cleared up. She is going to have to contact a dealer in Tucson though to work in a time to get it in for the converter though. On a Wednesday, right before a 3-day holiday weekend, no way in Hell is a dealer here in town going to have time to order, receive, and replace the catalytic before she leaves on Monday (the holiday). She needs to learn to do that anyways.

With the oldest son's issues the past 3 weeks regarding homework, and the purposely lying to us to avoid it as much as possible, the Wife and I have not fully decided what to do. He was able to complete the missing assignments (final one was done the day they were due), so it appears he will not have any F's on his report card. He has a "celebration event" at the school tonight we are allowing him to attend, but he will not be able to attend his cousin's party on Friday. I am sure he will be upset about that.

I am captaining a team over the summer for a pool league. Pool as in billiards, not swimming. It has been about 8 years or more since I last played on a league, and am a bit rusty I am sure. I have dug out the case that has my stick, and gathered the miscellaneous deitrus that goes with, and have it all ready for tonight. It is a 5-man team, and I am having issues with one player that I can't seem to get in contact with as of today. Luckily, one of my friends on the team knows this guy and aid he would touch base with him today. Seems like I am sucking already at being a captain.

It's almost noon. I suppose I should try to get some other things done, rather than sit here to entertain you.

PeacE

No comments: