Friday, May 11

Heading Into the Weekend

I am up a bit earlier than usual today. I just happened to awaken about an hour before I usually do. Not sure why. Either way, it works out in a good way as everyone needs to get an earlier start to the day. This morning I need to drop off the Wife and oldest son at school so that they can get started on their trip to CA. Which means dropping the two younger ones at Grandma's to get them to school.

After that I need to get some other stuff done. New brake and turn signal lights for the van (they are evidently burned out on one side) and I really should take the time without kids along to find something for the Wife for Mother's Day from the boys. I have a really nice idea, but need to see if I can find the items to do it. I should also look to find something for RM, though, I know she reads here, and she would openly say a card would be fine.... I just don't feel like doing that - though, it may end up that way. I have no idea what to do for her. Amazon cards would always work, since she has a Kindle, too.

I also have to try to hook up with the sister of my sister-in-law. The SIL had asked us about picking up a present they had sent to her sister, for my MIL for Mother's Day. Not too big a deal, but I found out she lives like 15 miles from me. Not a tremendous amount of distance, when one is talking about Phoenix, I just don't care to drive in town that far. Just one of those nit-pick things. So I need to call and see about doing that today, or maybe even tomorrow.

Yesterday PT and I watched 'Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy" and were not greatly impressed. PT had dozed off even near the beginning, as it was a slow start of a movie. The overall story was fine, but I just felt like it was going nowhere the whole time. I guess true spy intrigue movies are this way, and not the action-packed way Ian Fleming's James Bond movies are. Shrug. Oh well.

Welp, I am off to waken the boys.

PeacE

No comments: