Tuesday, May 15

Kill The Dog

Yesterday ended up being one of those days where it just pisses you off. Started off great... was getting things done left and right, no probs... I even set up an eye exam appointment for like 3:30 (my first one in 4 years). No worries. I even went like an hour early because I got tired of sitting at home. It was in the mall, so I figured I could 'walk the mall', which I did do. They were able to get me in 30 min early, nice. That the "whole appointment" took 2 hours to complete....GRRRR!!!

I kid you not.... two hours, for a typical 30 minute exam. It was, do the prelims, wait 15-30 minutes, do the eye adjustment thingy, wait 15-30 minutes. Dilute the eyes, wait another 30 minutes. Oh, the doctor forgot you were waiting for her to go over the retinal picture results with you.... THEN I had to wait another hour for them to complete the lens for the glasses, which I am now wearing. Waste of an afternoon. Total time at the mall: FOUR hours. I needed a beer after that, and then a friend showed up at the bar, and next thing I know it is 2am, and ....oh geez, I am tired this morning.

I think the 3-yard chase is not helping me being tired. Daisy (our Chihuahua-Daschound mix) scheduled for an 8am appointment for her yearly shots/vaccs. I also am getting her spayed. The vet is only like 5-10 minutes away, so at like 10 min til 8, I leashed her, and went to head out. I don't know who, or how, but her collar was loose enough she ended up slipping out of it, and I had to chase her across three yards before cornering her. I was not happy when we got to the vet, but will admit we were still on time. Her check-up went fine, and I gladly left her there to be cut open. I asked about the odds she would die while they are doing the procedure, and the vet looked at me funny. I explained about the chase scene this morning, and she laughed. Glad someone thought it was funny.

I am headed to the MIL's this morning. Maybe I can catch a nap while she is out shopping, as long as FIL doesn't decide to fall down. I am just tired. Thinking a nap when I get back home.

PeacE

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

.... dude.....