Wednesday, August 22

Almost There

Two weeks has felt almost like forever. It has been that long that the AC has been down. Finally, someone will be here tomorrow to replace the unit and maybe life can get back to what it was before. In the meantime, it rained last night, and I feel like I am wringing out everything inside the house. Everything just feels damp and moist, least of all myself. Today's mantra is: just one more day....

I upgraded yesterday. I have had a Kindle Keyboard for nearly two years now, and thoroughly have loved having it. I think it is one of the greater things of technology, to have an e-reader of some sort.Through a series of events I was able to upgrade it to a Kindle Fire. So far, it has been even better, though, I already see some good and bad things about the upgrade. I guess that is just part of life though. The Wife and I had talked about getting a basic Kindle for the oldest son for Christmas, but now may just pass my old one down to him. He knows I upgraded, so I think he expects me to do this anyways, but I am not 100% sure yet.

One more day.... Oh, I am so tired of this. I am off to take a shower to wash some of this sweaty feeling off of me.

PeacE

3 comments:

Joe said...

I have both a Kindle keyboard and a Fire. I still use both. The Fire gets heavy after a while, and the old Kindle is still better if you read outside or in bright light. The Fire is great for web surfing and games and stuff and reading in low light conditions. The Pule reader is awesome.

I use the Fire about 75% of the time, but still keep my old Kindle. The best part is you can switch back and forth. If you read part of a book on one, you can sync and continue reading on the other.

Ralphd00d said...

Thanks for the input Joe. I noticed after one day of just reading on the new Fire, it already was down halfway on the battery.... a disadvantage. But I am still giving a few more days trial period.

reverend mother said...

I end up putting my fire on charge almost every night - mainly because I spend the evening playing words and reading - running both at the same time. If I don't - the next night it goes down in the middle of reading and I have to stop. No biggie for us - always want it charged for traveling or taking somewhere.