Monday, August 27

Returning to a Routine

The boys are entering the third week since school started back up, and things around my household are returning to normal routine. Note: I say normal in regards to my household. Both the oldest son and I are getting more adjusted to the 'Zero Hour' starts most days of the week, where he needs to be at school by 6:30. In fact, today I made myself get back to the gym. I had not gone all summer (since about mid-June) so two months plus of not going.... Needless to say, I was a bit worried, in regards to my weight. I have always liked the saying 'An Optimist is never pleasantly surprised' and today proved it. I weighed in five pounds lower than when I was last there. I am now at the lowest weight I have been in years. Even my workout went really well, though I do see a little I need to get back to where I was before (distance walking/jogging). Overall, I am sitting here with a smile on my face (an unusual sight, believe me - more like the Joker's grin), and have that feeling of the 'Workout Glow' going on!! And it's a Monday!!

Preacher Tom and I are off to the movies here in an hour or so. We were finally able to find a showtime that coincided with our schedules, to go see "Expendables II". We both have been looking forward to it, as both our Wives have no real interest in seeing that type of action movie.

The oldest has his first marching band event this Friday for the school's first home football game. I should try to find out how much a family pass is sporting events. It is way expensive to just take the family and go, paying regular entry fees. When the Daughter was last in HS, the family pass was available and probably saved us a goo $100-$200 over the course of several football games. I think we were able to use it for a few of the concerts/plays that went on as well. Note to self to see what I can find out.

I think that about covers things for me today. I already am feeling the muscles starting to stiffen up a little, though, it's a good hurt.

PeacE

No comments: