Tuesday, August 14

Cold Weather Nights

Today's high temperature was to have been 115. I don't know if it truly reached that awful number, but I am aware it was at least 112... at 7pm. It had to been at least near 100 inside my house, though, it was on the cool down. I had shut off the AC for a good portion of the morning and early afternoon, and once I turned it back, things returned to somewhat near normal, though it never yet quite reached the temperature range we keep it at during the summer. I awoke this morning about 3:30am to dripping sweat and a soaked bed, got up to check the AC, and it was frozen up again. Off it went, and now almost 2 hours later, it is still somewhat warm inside, though not nearly as bad as the daytime had been. I will be leaving it off until probably mid-morning.

Reverend Mother and Preacher Tom celebrate their anniversary today. I think it is the 30th, if I remember RM telling me right. I recall when she told me, I mentioned that the concept of them being married 30 years was sort of weird, considering I am 40, and I have been married 21 years. Obviously, it is because it is their second marriage....but it still just sort of seems weird. Happy Anniversary to you both!

Today starts the early bird hours for the oldest son. He is supposed to be 'on the field' by 6:30, so that means dropping him off about 15 minutes prior. I asked him last night how much time in the morning does he need to do his morning ablutions. He is starting to be like me. He says 30 minutes - from waking up to being out the door. I'll be waking him in about 20 minutes, so we will see how that works. I had told him previously, I was not going to spend 30-45 minutes trying to get him up and moving of a morning, and wait til the very last moment to rush him off to school so HE isn't late. Went through that with his sister.

Yesterday I was at a bit of a loss as to what to do with myself since the boys were back in school. I ended up spending part of the day watching 'Eureka' on Netflix. PT was having some problems with a letter, so I went over and helped with that as well. I got to learn how to scan a document, use OCR and put into an editable format. I hope the end results I achieved will work for him, so at least he wouldn't have to try to e-type the letter, and all the formatting, etc, that was included in it. Not saying he could not do it, just that it would have been more of a pain in the ass to accomplish.

This morning, I will be headed over to the MIL's to sit with Dad so she can get some shopping done. For me, that means reading time, pretty much. I heard from my grandparents yesterday. This past July they celebrated 65 years of marriage, so they are in their early-mid 80's. I guess my Grandma had a heart attack scare, which turned out to be gallbladder related, after a couple days of testing in the hospital. It is good to know she is doing fine and is back at home, though the thought of her (or Grandpa) passing away is something I definitely do not look forward to find out about. I know, I know. It's a fact of Life, and at their age, expected pretty much anytime. I just am not sure if I am ready for it.

Well, the alarm clock just went off in the bedroom. I suppose I should think about getting the son up though it is still like 45 minutes til I need to leave.

PeacE

No comments: