Friday, August 17

Playing Catch-Up

This past week has been a weird one. The household is adjusting to the boys being back in school. My regular sleeping schedule has been re-scheduled by a dyslexic preschooler with a crayon, so I felt like I never knew when I was going to get some rest, or not. Last night I got the best sleep I have had in days, though I think I 'slept crooked' as my back is feeling a bit sore this morning.

Yesterday I got to spend some time one on one with the Reverend Mother, as I had invited her out to lunch. It is nice that I have the time, and money, to even have the chance to sit with my parents every once in awhile. We play a bit of catch-up in the events and stories going on in our individual lives. I know Preacher Tom and I will probably be getting back to our occasional breakfasts, maybe a movie, at some point here. I think it more depends on my schedule than his, but either way.

Looking forward to how things go the next couple weeks. Our softball league is getting ready to start soon. There is a Coach's meeting this Sunday, and I have been selected to be one of our team's votes. Each team gets the Coach and a one other vote, basically. I had not played for several years now, due to my weight causing issues (knee problems, back pains, etc.) but have made sure to voice that I want to play this fall. Sunday we will find out our exact start date, though I am still hoping for the week after Labor Day.

I guess the Daughter will be up to visit at some point his weekend. The Wife has managed to get tickets for the Mercury (WNBA) game on Sunday evening, and has asked the Daughter if she would like to go. She knew better than to ask me. Basketball is so boring.

Supposed to be scattered showers throughout the day here, and at least 100 degrees. Freakin' miserable is what I call it.

PeacE

No comments: