Friday, August 3

Ralphd00d the Grouch

When I was younger, and used to watch 'Sesame Street' on PBS, my favorite character was Oscar the Grouch. I don't know why. I mean, c'mon! He was grouchy, he lived in a trash can, supposedly had no friends (that he acknowledged anyways). Maybe it was because sometimes he could find something neat in the rubbish left by others. I don't know. What I do know, is that I am definitely grouchy like him this morning. And I'm tired.

I was awakened at about 3am this morning to my cell phone chiming that I had received a text. I was not going to get up to check it. I knew it had to be one of a couple people that would be up at that hour, and waking me up was not going to get a good response back from me. No sooner had I fallen back to sleep the alarm was going off (though it was truly like 3 hours later). The Wife got up, and I sort of dozed back to sleep, only to be awakened by one of the boys slamming the front screen door .... repeatedly... while getting the trash and recycle out for collection today. I knew it was useless to try to sleep anymore, so went ahead and got up.

The Wife goes to leave, and comes back in to take 5 minutes to tell me her oil light has flashed a couple times. So I told her it needs oil, but she had to get going otherwise be late for work. I told her it would be fine until this evening and I would take care of it. She leaves, I walk into the kitchen to see the $20 of hamburger I bought last night, still sitting out. I had picked it up from the store after supper, and the Wife had been watching TV and playing on the laptop. She told me to leave it there and she would section it out to smaller portions. Evidently she forgot. There goes a waste of money.

The middle son lost a filling form a molar the other day. I goofed and forgot to call the dentist office yesterday, and today they are closed. So now I will have to wait for Monday to call about getting him in to get it done again. Thankfully, it is not so bad that it is causing him pain with it out.

It's not even 8am, and I am feeling the urge to go out and have a few beers. Bah! It's going to be one of those days... and sadly, it's a Friday.

PeacE

No comments: