Friday, November 16

Getting Lucky

No matter what it sounds like, no, this is not about my bedroom life! But I did get lucky yesterday. I had dropped he van off yesterday at the dealer, convinced there was a radiator leak, that the radiator would have to be replaced, and hoping it was under the warranty on the vehicle. At the time of drop-off, I had mentioned that the auto-sliding door wasn't working, so if they had time to please check it.

By about 2pm, I had not heard anything from the dealer. Most garages call and tell you what is wrong, the cost (if not under warranty), time to do the repair, etc. I left a message. About 3:30, I think, I got the call back with an update. Radiator had a leak and was replaced - covered under warranty. The tracking and electrical for the sliding door was replaced - covered under warranty. Yea! Then the other news.... seems they do some kind of regular 21 point inspection, or something, and noticed the passenger side lower control arm was about to go. For those not car savvy, it is sort of like the axle on that side that holds the wheel. So they were working to replace it - covered under warranty as well. The only bad part, was that the van wasn't done last night to be returned to us. But just for the control arm issue, I am happy considering this is the Wife's vehicle, and if it would have gone.... I hate to imagine what might happen... or the cost. So, lucky as in all this gets done for $150 deductible, instead of (my thought) estimate of about $3000.

Meanwhile, the dealer is just barely opening now, though I sit here waiting for them to call to say it is ready to be picked up. Nothing like feeling trapped without a vehicle. Yesterday, PT and I saw a movie, but afterwards I had to spend the entire afternoon at the MIL's. Yes, she is a pleasant person, but not when you have to spend 6 hours with her, and nothing to do but converse. I am not the greatest conversationalist (ask anyone). At least that is over.

Next week is Turkey Day. I got the email about my family plans and we'll probably end up going. I mentioned it to the Wife last night, and got her typical reaction. I just answered it with, "Well, I don't know what else is going on. You never tell me if your family is doing anything." I am sure it earned me no brownie points (another factor why no luck in the bedroom, I guess).

Well, I am out of here for now. Guess I shall go find something to entertain me. Oh, and I am back to feeling better now, too.

PeacE

No comments: