Monday, November 19

Thinking of Starting Something New

Many of you that know me, know I am an avid reader, especially in the sci-fi fantasy genre. I like the stories that deal with swords and magic, or range into some paranormal, or urban fantasy stuff, too. I even enjoy a good zombie story. Over the past few months, I have been catching up and getting into "The Walking Dead' television show, and even found and am reading the comic book/graphic novels of the series so I don't miss something because they changed a bit of the original storyline as they tend to do for television/movies. Another show I am trying to get into is "Revolution" though, I struggle a bit as I feel it is pretty lame. My cousin and his family enjoy the Doctor Who television series, and I have been thinking about checking that out. Anyone there a Doctor Who fan?

I wonder if I should start by maybe reading the books, though, that feels a bit daunting as it seems to be there are hundreds of books, though, I am hoping that they are shorter novels than a regular book. They would have to be, wouldn't they? I mean, I know Star Trek and Star Wars both have large series out, by multiple writers, but I am talking this series is like 450+ books from my basic info I have read about it. I suppose I could start the books, and maybe start watching the TV show series through Netflix. Maybe I will find I don't like either, and move on to something new....

The Reverend Mother returns to the work force today. After taking an early retirement option last October, that allowed here to be paid for 1 year at regular intervals, she has had to return to working to make ends meet. Not surprising in our economy, I know, but it is what it is. She had been seeking employment for several months, though the last few months the searching was more intensive. I am glad she found something. Nothing personal about my Mom, but I don't think I would want them to have to come live with me, and I know we would not be able to support them, even if it were in an retirement home center. Nope. Not happening either way.

I gotta run. time to do the after school thing.

PeacE

No comments: