Monday, November 5

Stupid Superstition

Yesterday started off almost decently. My team had two softball games, and they were the early hours, meaning at 8am & 9am, before it gets too hot. I am on the injured reserve this week, since last week I strained a leg muscle. I still ended up playing catcher for a couple innings as a teammate was running late. Bending down to pick up the ball, I was glad I wasn't batting and running as that muscle still was not ready for playing. So, instead I kept score, as usual. Started off not bad, but we ended up losing both games. Then headed down to the pub that we play for, as we get a free team drink, and my Redskins were to play at 11am.

Prior to the football game starting, the cook at the pub (who is a Dolphins fan) came out and was casually teasing me about who my Redskins were going to lose to today, etc. Then he comes out saying that out of the last 17 times the Washington Redskins have had a home game the Sunday prior to an Election Day, when they lose, the current president gets voted out of office. But if they win, he wins a re-election. So great. The outcome of my game is going to possibly make or break the country. Fricking wonderful. Just what I need, more pressure.

Needless to say, the Redskins lost. By theory, that would mean Obama will lose the election. From what I heard on news radio this morning, it doesn't quite sound that way. Though, nothing will be final until after tomorrow's debacle.

Make sure you get out and sound your opinion!

PeacE

No comments: