Monday, August 26

Starting Work

Today I start my new job, and it is going to be a long day. Normally scheduled to start at noon, today he has asked I show up a couple hours earlier, so that the office manager can introduce me to certain people, as well as get me the the address and phone numbers of the techs I will working with, plus get me set up with a company phone. From what my buddy, Don, has told me, the manager had met with the techs last week, letting them know that there was going to be a new driver, and to be sure to be around to meet me as I came by this week. To top that off, the manager was telling them that I would be better organized, on time, and much better all the way around form the previous person that held the position. Inadvertently, I found out the guy had two major strikes against him, and they were looking to be letting him go soon either way, he just gave notice and quit the next day this past week. Either way, the manager seems to be either making me out to be something really good, and making the techs expect a lot from me. I don't think it will be difficult.

So, with a new job, writing may slow down a bit, especially since it is not a job that has a computer in front of me all day. It'll be nice to not have to work at the pub late nights now, though the owner there has asked me to try to keep my Saturdays there. I mentioned just to help out with the larger event nights, like the pay-per-view UFC fights, as I would like to keep the employee discount for drinks/food, but I guess we will see. This coming Saturday is the UFC night. But will see how tired I am from the job.

Guess that is all I have for today. I need to get in the shower and get set for the day.

PeacE

No comments: