Monday, December 20

Countdown to Christmas

Whew! This past past weekend sure felt like a long one! I can honestly say that I feel a bit tired and worn out from all the walking I have done! But, the good part is all the shopping I need to do is completely done... no more last minute ideas, or extras. Now I just got to wrap all that, and the stuff the Wife picked up. Did I mention I hate wrapping? The Wife had a good idea though. At one of them dollar stores, she picked up quite a few different sized bags to put some of the presents in, so less wrapping, and some of them we can re-use next year.

I took the boys out yesterday afternoon to get a couple final things for Mommy. Then we headed out to the buffet for dinner. The daughter's boyfriend had asked my Wife out to dinner last night. It was a surprise birthday dinner for her, and his mom, as their birthdays are only a couple days apart. So she had a nice dinner out, had good convo, and time with her daughter as well. I was in on it, which is why I took the boys out for a few hours.

Today, the daughter and I are taking her car into the body shop to get the work done from that asshole backing into her car. We are dropping it off, and hope to have it back tomorrow or the next day. This afternoon I have a cleaning at the dentist to do. Not looking forward to that. I have not been flossing and brushing as well as I should be. Oh well. Just going to be prepared to hear the condemnation they hand out. I know I am not the only one that gets it.

This week should be pretty slow. Wednesday I know the oldest son has a youth group event to go see the new Narnia movie. Thursday I am meeting a friend of a friend in person finally. We have been communicating back and forth on Facebook, and just now made plans to meet up for a couple drinks. That leads into Saturday, which will be a busy day since it is Christmas. Then the next week I will be opening toys, and hopefully not putting together too many. New Year's Eve a friend invited me over for a Guys Only party. I am looking forward to that, as long as the Wife doesn't mind that is.

PeacE

No comments: