Friday, December 3

Sweet Dreams are Made of These

I was awakened early this morning. Not by the alarm clock. Not by the kids. Not even by the police because I passed out in a parking lot (that's a story for another time). No, this morning, an hour before my usual "wake up" time, I woke myself. With what I thought was screaming. Needless to say, I had a very disturbing dream. I couldn't go back to sleep, unlike most previous times this has happened (the startled awake from a dream - not the actual dream, which does differ from what I remember of previous ones). I am not going into details of what the dream was... so get over that already. Good news is, once the Wife was up (at the regular time mind you) I asked and discovered if I had yelled, she never noticed.

So I know she is sleeping better at nights now; since I started on that CPAP machine, I think we both have been getting better sleep, and more of it. Though the past few nights I have been waking up more during the night. I think it is because this damn cold I have, and the clogged nasal passages are preventing the machine from helping as well as it should. I was hoping to be over the final stages of it by this morning, but here I sit typing, wiping or blowing my nose seemingly every paragraph. We aren't counting sneezes - though I just jinxed myself by mentioning them.

The Wife and I are going to sit down tomorrow and attempt to make a list for those we would like to get gifts for, that we have not already. Then I suppose I will spend part of next week doing some more shopping. I know the week after that, I have that damn Jury Duty. Not happy about that. It should be if you register to vote you DON'T have to perform this service. That would encourage more people to register, let alone actually vote, in my opinion. I just hope I don't get picked so I can go home. Be my luck I'll actually have to be on a jury panel this time. I am soooo not looking forward to it. I need to get out and purchase some pants just for it as well. I have no non-denim type pants to wear - it has been near 11 years since I was required to wear anything more than denim for work.

Well, nothing else going on. I am headed over to Hoosierboy's to see if he has his Friday Five up. Come and play!

PeacE

5 comments:

Joe said...

Jury Duty, Hah! I once served on a Federal Grand Jury. We met three to four days a week -- every other week -- for more than a year.

I was alos once on a petit jury -- drug case. That one lasted two days.

No Friday Five today due to lack of interest (on my part!)

Sis said...

Damn...I have been "served" for jury duty at least 5 times now...and each time it get canceled! I wish I COULD go. I love CSI and would love to see the action. What else am I gonna do right now?

Anonymous said...

I have been on a jury four out of the last five years, what is wrong with this picture. Not worth the little money they give you, Cat

Joe said...

I have been "called" at least a dozen times, but most have been cancelled. The jury trial I mentioned above was so not like Perry Mason. It was boring and I could have presented the case better than the Prosecutor. The evidence was so overwhelming the guy was convicted in spite of the Prosecutor's terrible job.

The grand jury was excrutiating. As you can imagine my boss was livid. I missed over 40% of work for a year.

Reverend Mother said...

hmmm I usually wear blue jeans when I report for the first time. After that - business casual. Be sure and take your reader!