Monday, December 13

Trying to Get Motivated For the Day

I woke early today. I mean, after all, 4:30am is not my usual wake-up time. No idea why I awoke so early, and being unable to fall back asleep, I went ahead and got up. Maybe because I was in bed and out by like 9:30'ish last night. I know I have been sleeping better since the CPAP machine, and maybe was body was just saying I got more than ample amounts of sleep last night. I definitely do not feel tired at this point.

Monday morning. I was reading through my friends' Facebook status messages this morning. Many of them are back in the Midwest area and are mentioning snow. Especially those up in Michigan. One friend commented that in her area, they have closed (at the time of her posting earlier this morning) 163 schools. She is up near the UP of MI. Several others commented on varying amounts of snow, but the main message was if there was some out there, be careful driving and being out in it.

I miss the snow. Growing up in central Indiana area, we always seemed to have snow by Christmas. Some years were heavier than others, but that I can remember, nothing like 1978. I remember walking to school in less than 12" (Lincoln Elementary was only like 6-7 small blocks from our house - though, it is completely gone now). I remember one of my winter chores being to shovel out the walk in front of the business my step mom ran. We lived in the apartment above it. Then my Dad would let me warm up, then tell me to go across the street and do Mr. Robinson's walk. He was a retired gentleman I am guessing in his late 70's. By 6th grade, I was as tall as he, though he was a bit stooped. During the summer, Dad could always find me over at Mr' Robinson's, shirking my chores, just to hear that guy tell stories of growing up. Sometimes he would pull out his guitar and play some tunes. Other days it was a harmonica, or a banjo. He was very talented, musically, and with story-telling. I am happy I got to meet him in my life, and somewhat regret not ever knowing what happened to him. After I moved away, I am sure he passed away at some point.

Well, I got a few hours to kill before I need to get up and out of the house. Today I ABSOLUTELY need to get go shopping for some clothes. Tomorrow is the scheduled date for my Jury Summons. Though I am supposed to call after regular business hours tonight, to get a recorded message that will state what group numbers are required to show. I am hoping mine is not mentioned, so I won't actually have to drive downtown. As it is, having to get up like 2 hours early, drive the 3-40 minutes to downtown, find the "free parking garage" they tell us jurors to use, wait for the free shuttle, and arrive at the jury summons room - all by 8am.... Not looking forward to that hassle. That's the main reason I hate these things. Either way, I need to get out and fins a nice pair of pants r two. And maybe a new shirt. I am hoping to get the next size or two down in pants. Crossing my fingers, at least one size. For some reason, the sizes differentiate between denim shorts, and say, slacks, or Dockers type pants. Example, if I were wearing a 36 waist in blue jeans, it may actually be a 38, or sometimes a 40, in slacks. I don't know if it is because the denim has a bit more give, or it is measured before wash shrinkage - I have no clue. Just seems to work that way. And I wish I WAS back down to like a 38 or 40....sigh. Getting there SLOWLY.

The Reverend Mother invited our three boys over last night, to do her "Annual Bake Time with Grandma". She loves getting each family's kids for a few hours at some point before Christmas to "help" her do some baking of cookies, and other treats. I believe she gives most of it away as gifts to co-workers, or people from church. Or maybe donates it all to some shelter - I never paid attention. I know the kids usually come home with a ziploc bag of samples they made. Usually for them, but my boys are nice they will offer some to Daddy... though, come to think of it, they didn't last night, and I would have to say no anyways. Damn diet. Besides, the Wife brought home Cold Stone Creamery ice cream for her and I last night.

Daughter will be in sometime tonight for an overnight, then back to school for the week. Saturday they start the break at college, and she will be home until about the 11th of January. During her break we will need to get her car in to the shop to fix that damn dent. I got a shop that says they can do it during that time, I need to call them later this week to see about scheduling a time for next week.

That's all I got for now. If you got snow, and gotta be out in it, be careful.

PeacE

1 comment:

Reverend Mother said...

Actually, since we started just baking cookies and all - no crafts - everyone takes home what they make; I keep none of it here. I do my own baking to give away. I had so much fun with the boys - and am looking forward to spending time with the others perhaps this weekend. Time is running out on me. sigh.