Sunday, December 26

Rolling Into the Day After

It's nice and quiet at my house. First time I have noticed it over the past day or more. I know it is only because everyone is asleep still. It's another one of those mornings where I woke up too early, and couldn't get back to sleep. Though, how very nice to enjoy some quiet after the hustle and bustle of the whole Christmas season.

Our day was spent very well with family. We started off about 8:30am with the opening of gifts here at home. My kids each loved their "Big Santa Gift" and the Wife and I are just excited that each was accepted with the enthusiasm we hoped. Even Rusty, Cat Spawn of Satan, got a few things and was happy. Though, how easy to please a cat give him a decorated tree, and some treats - what could go wrong?

After that we headed over to Reverend Mother and Preacher Tom's place. We did our gift exchanges, and RM had a nice ham sandwich and sides layout for lunch. I decided today was the day to really splurge off my watching the weight. I had extras. Stuman and his family showed up there as well, and we did our family gifts. Then we were off to the In-Laws. The Wife had a brother's family in town as well, so again, gifts were exchanged. The kids were happy to see some cousins they had not seen in several weeks. Lastly we headed up to Sis' house for the final giving of gifts. We hung out there, snacking on more ham  and other goodies for a few hours before I returned to the domicile. The Wife and kids headed back to the In-Laws to do more visiting. I spent some time at home, unpacking some of the 4 yr old's stuff, and putting together a couple other toys.

Our Christmas was, once again, a very happy event. I made out with some clothes, beef jerky, music and movies.. not to mention some home made goodies as well. Though, I need to go easy on them from now on.

So now we have just under a week to the new year. I never do resolutions, as I can never stick to them. Though I do have some guidelines I want to try to follow, they are just what I have been doing the past couple of months either way. My family is getting together for New Year's Day lunch, where we have a traditional (for my family) ribs. We need to decide if we are going to join everyone or not. Yeah, tough decisions, huh? The Wife will want to go so she won't have to cook I am sure.

Okay, I need to go. I have camera pics to download, and I need to figure out how to do the video stuff from the new camcorder we got. Video editing... wonderful.

PeacE

No comments: