Friday, January 21

It Happens Sometimes When You Get Older

No, Sis, this isn't about you, but Happy Birthday today anyways!

Tonight is my FIL's Retirement Celebration one of the local churches is putting on for him. After I believe 40+ years in the missionary field, his health has required retirement of him. When I say health, unfortunately, I refer to his mental health, not so much his physical. My FIL displays early symptoms of Parkinson's, and no longer can operate a vehicle. A year ago, this was not a problem, but it has come upon him fast.

Back to the happier part. So, one of the churches that supported him had checked with the family, about throwing a large gathering for Dad. Our portion we helped with was providing several pictures (of those I had scanned over the last year) that reflected Dad in his work in the field. I presume they will provide some sort of slideshow presentation or something. They are also providing a dinner - which surprised me a bit. Now the issue is when will I get there.

Friday nights the Wife is later getting out of the workplace. Due to her line of work, she has to provide instruction for the weekend crew, and finish other miscellaneous paperwork prior to leaving. So, the in-laws were able to drop off my boys, and now we sit waiting for the Wife. Once she gets here we will take off, hopefully arriving to be able to sit and eat.

Tomorrow, Sis' son is turning 13 and is having a party. My oldest son and I will be attending, and maybe the rest  of the family after the party. The other part is more teenagers, and is at a place called Dave & Busters. Whatever that is. The Son should have fun.

Weekend plans otherwise... watching the Bears vs Packers game at the pub with some buddies.

PeacE

No comments: