Wednesday, January 19

Senseless Drivel

It's almost 3am, and I am still awake. Though I will admit I did lay down for almost 2 hours, trying to fall asleep. I think I goofed up big time yesterday.

The other day, the Wife had gone out to the grocery store, for just a few 'needed' things (mainly cat food for the damn Spawn of Satan, aka Rusty) and on a whim, I sent her a text to pick up some regular coffee for me, instant, so I could enjoy a cup or two of the mornings. Now, this is where some background history about me and coffee is needed. Actually, I remembered I posted about it before, and that can be found here.

Needless to say, Tuesday morning was the first morning I remembered I had coffee now at home, and figured I could enjoy some while starting off the day. As my morning progressed, I failed to notice actually how many cups I had partaken of, and by near noon, realized I had probably downed about 4-5 cups. Now, maybe for many of you that is nothing, but considering I have had a rare cup or two, with many a day in between, and those instances were very spaced out (see, you have to go read that other post about it). Oh, man. I think it was like the sixth trip to the bathroom to pee, when I realized I had drank so much.

By 1pm, I was bouncing off the walls. Caffeine-high, teeth-grinding, can't sit still, fingers tapping all over the place, legs bouncing a rhythm even a Punk Rock drummer couldn't do. By 5 my jaws ached from trying not to grind and bite. I literally felt like I was tweaking on some Meth or something. I had even skipped lunch without realizing it. Me! Skipped lunch! Missed a meal!

I pulled out the instant coffee container, and looked at it. I thought, maybe the Wife got some super-packed, high-caffeine blend or something. I still don't know. The damn label is in Spanish. All of it. She had stopped at Food City to get it for me. Let's just say, Food City caters much to the Latino population here in AZ. Them and that damn Ranchero Market. I don't mind some advertising in Spanish, but at least put the English first. There's that damn Bigot in me again. Sigh.

So, now it is after 3am, I am still wide awake (though no coffee since noon'ish) and probably going to have to have a couple cups this morning to stay awake through the day, then crash hard tonight. I know I don't want to end up napping all day, then be up again all night. Who knows, maybe I will post more drivel in some exciting Moment of Clarification, or something later....

PeacE

2 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

Sorry about that! You ought to come have a cup of coffee or two with Tom in the morning - then stop - or make one 4 cup pot and no more. It really depends on when I drink it if it bothers me - I had 3 cups the other night with dinner and didn't even phase me.

Spockgirl said...

Too funny. I rarely drink "real" coffee... has to be majorly sweetened and fattened up before I drink it. I did have one episode like the one of which you have written. I actually thought I might go into cardiac arrest. "Jumping out of my skin" comes to mind. And... that was only one cup! I still think it was spiked.