Saturday, January 15

Spring Fever - Spring Cleaning - Spring Break

It's Saturday, and here it feels like Spring is definitely in the air. I say that, to bring hope to all those out there amidst miserable amounts of snow, rain and other weather in which people are not usually favorable of. Today it is sunny, temps in the upper 60's, and damn if it don't feel like Spring. Which brings on other things.

It has been nice like this the past few days, and I really don't foresee any really bad weather coming in. I am sure we will have some more cool fronts come through, of course the usual rains. But after 2-3 days of it, it usually comes back to this, or warmer weather. I got a bit of the Spring Fever going on and feel like getting out of the house and doing something. Of course, no idea what. And part of that may be the 'Cabin Fever' from basically being home all the time. I don't know.

Spring brings on other things, depending on the type of person you are. I sometimes get into that whole Spring Cleaning thing. I am not spastic about it. I don't get all (waving hands all around) CRAZY about it. I usually tend to go through my stuff (notice I said mine and not our) and get rid of what I don't use. Give it away, donate to some Goodwill-type place, throw it away. Doesn't matter. I ain't using it, out it goes. The Wife on the other hand, seems to just sort thru her stuff, and decide she needs more. Shrug. I don't get it. This morning has been pretty good. I cleaned up the computer desk, wiped down the ceiling fan in that room (it was a TAD bit dusty) and now am taking a break getting the sneezing under control. The Wife is doing a store run for essentials (cat food - why we feed that damn 'cat' anyways?) and a couple things on special this week.

Last thing that Spring comes to mind is the whole Spring Break thing. This morning on the local TV show, they had a clip I caught part of about Spring Breaks, and where around here many people go. Rocky Point, Mexico isn't far. And can't forget Lake Havasu City, AZ, (where the London Bridge is) where they have done past MTV Spring Break shows. Doesn't matter, in the next couple months those weeks of college kids roaming around the waters will be here. Kids will get that week off of school, and I am hoping to maybe be able to go out and do some fun things with them.

Lastly, Spring is that time of renewal. That's why people do all that cleaning, and re-organizing of all aspects of their lives. Almost like the start of the New Year, but not quite. It's a more, inside refresher sort of thing, I guess. Plans form, hope refreshes, new outlooks appear. Speaking of outlooks, a friend of mine (read The Scotty B) recently informed me of a job that I may be interested in doing. I am still looking into the place, and talking things over with the Wife, but it does look enticing. I'll share more later about it maybe.

Okay, I am off to do some more Springy stuff (test bed springs? Hmmmmmm)....

PeacE

No comments: