Sunday, January 30

So, What's Going On?

Welcome to Sunday morning. My Farmville game on Facebook has been harvested and replanted, animals taken care of, trees grown. Yeah, I know you are so interested. But hey! It's my Sunday morning, and I will relax how I want.

"Opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one." Nice quote from one of the Dirty Harry films - at least, that is where I learned it from. Either way, I am beginning to see that more and more.... I sit here in mild contemplation, recalling events from last night (I was out with a friend at the pub) and just feel .... apathetic, I guess, about his concern that I upset some friends of his, that he invited to show up... and I guess I hurt their feelings with my potty mouth. At least, that is what I understand from the message he sent this morning to me. Supposedly, "they" were not happy about my potty mouth, "they" don't know me, and he sided with them telling me that I should apologize.

WTF? Apologize? For cussing... at a bar? In the general hearing of people that I am not there to impress?

Sigh. I am not like, ancient in my age (what would ancient be?) but I have lately come to the realization that I just don't give a shit about other people, in general. By that, I mean, the basic opinion of those I don't know, really do not matter to me. I am not here to impress you, or make you think I am some wonderful person, because Society expects me to act a certain way, at certain places, around certain people. I do not want to "conform". I am becoming more comfortable being myself, where ever I may be, in whatever situations. Sure, maybe you, or the people around me think I should care.... but I don't.

Since I am in that whole .... DILLIGAF ... mood, have a nice day!

PeacE

3 comments:

ScottyB said...

DILLIGAF!!!

Spockgirl said...

Oooh... holding your breath waiting to see if anyone else stops by to say they won't read here anymore? Heheheh. Swearing is bad and being a bigot is bad. So? I'm a very polite, tolerant, well-mannered, non-swearing, non-cussing person.. who doesn't attend a church. That being said, if you shot off your potty-mouth in front of me at a kid's birthday party... well then...I would take issue.

Ralphd00d said...

@ScottyB - Dude, that brings back some good memories!!!

@Spockgirl - I definitely would be using a potty mouth at a kid's party, except maybe by complete slip of the tongue. True, I should work altogether better on controlling what I say...at least when it comes to swear words.