Friday, January 7

The Start of the New Year

Today brings about the end of the first seven days of the new year. It has been noting like the first seven days of creation, but then, I am not as tired as God probably was, and don't feel the need for a full day of rest. One would think that any changes, be it lifestyle or whatever, would begin at this time, and hopefully start making the beginnings of a new habit-forming rote. I do believe I have done well, as the past few days I have paid considerable more attention to my diet. That is my main concern as to things I can fix. Well, that and trying to cut back on the drinking, which is a work in progress.

The Daughter is heading back to college this weekend at some point. I presume Saturday, but am not sure. The dorms re-open and she will be able to get back in. Of course, she will have somewhat of a full vehicle going down, as many things she received for Christmas were things for college, or warmer clothes, etc. Tucson may not be far, but it gets colder than Phoenix.

The boys have been back in school this week. The oldest son is back to practices for the District Honor Band and is making his 2nd appearance in it. Grades were received this week, and both are outstanding. I am thinking maybe we'll order pizza tonight to celebrate.

Anyone read the Thomas Covenant Series by Donaldson? There were the two trilogies like 20 years ago, and in recent years, Donaldson has returned making a third, and supposedly final, series. I am in book three (of four) and am having a harder time getting into the story. Though I have refreshed my memory on what has gone on before, it just doesn't feel the same, or even read the same. I guess 20 years between the continuing story, the author may have adjusted his thinking and/or writing style.

PeacE

No comments: