Wednesday, January 12

Not Gonna Be A Whopper Flopper!

As many of you, the Ralphd00d has been out of work for awhile. Too long of awhile. One of the jobs I pretty much insisted on, was that I would not go to the fast food industry(ie. McDonalds, Burger King, etc) and flip burgers, or run late nights. I did that for awhile back in my early 20s. I am sure technology has changed how they do things in there now, but I have no desire to do it. Fortunately, I have been able to be picky about the job search, and exclude this kind of job thanks to the Wife's employment.

Yesterday was interesting though. As usual, two days of thew week we receive the mail circulars that have the regular ads (on Tuesday) and the grocery ads (on Wednesday). Yesterday it included a full page ad for In-N-Out burgers. For you that are unaware, this is a fast food burger chain started in California. Some people are "crazy" about some supposed taste this place provides. I recall my BIL being one, since he was raised in CA and grew up eating at this place many times. Back to my story ... so this ad is in there, and the Wife brings it to my attention. I don't usually review the ads.

Seems they are opening a new location near us (currently the closest in Phoenix is about 4-5 miles up the freeway). I mean near, as in about a mile. Good business place, as it is outside the mall near me, and there are several fast food places in that area providing for the businesses, mall, and travelers. New location, Grand Opening, Full Benefits packages available, Apply online to receive interview - to be held Jan 25th & 26th. No, apply in person, or fax resume number. Apply online prior to interview. Eh, I gotta have an interview for a burger flip joint? Sigh. I don't even have my food handlers card anymore.

Either way, I checked out the website this morning. Applications are only being accepted for a 'store manager' type position, and Custodial (Cleanup) Associate position. Yeah, that's what they call it. So I read the job description, and it is more about daily maintenance/cleaning of the facility, possibly some assistance in food preparation. Mostly, what appealed to me was the early hours. They start about 5am and go until about midday (per the info they provided).

Any of you that know me, especially seen me of the morning in past years, know that I am (or maybe that is 'was') not a morning person. However, since I have been getting up this early the past weeks, I think that has changed a bit. I see myself as maybe a bit crabbier in the later evenings now. Shrug. I think I could handle getting up a couple hours earlier and working the morning, having the afternoon and evening free. Starting pay is 'stated' at $10/hour. Not too shabby. Above minimum wage at least.

I did the online application. I hope to hear from them soon as to schedule my interview time for he 25th or 26th. I also need to look into getting my food handlers card again. I should do that before the interview. Guess what I am going to look up today?

Nothing else exciting. Yesterday I was image surfing through Google. Brought me up an idea of a topic I like (no, not sex this time - or boobies) that I am working on some posts to put up here sometime in the future. Opinionated and pictorial, I am sure you will be awed by it.

PeacE

No comments: