Monday, November 15

Come Monday



Yeah, another start to another week.

So, Friday I got the CPAP machine finally. I am supposed to have oxygen with it at night, but there was a bot of a screw-up I guess. The guys at Sleepmed that gave me the machine, they do not supply oxygen. The guy that I had the appointment with explained that they notify some supplier and they contact me regarding the oxygen. That afternoon I get a call from this company. They say they are ready to get me set up with the CPAP and the oxygen. I explain that I already have the machine, and am needing just the oxygen. Well, she says that they do not supply just one or the other. They only do both. I gave her the info that Sleepmed is the one that supposedly contacted them to get me oxygen, and I could understand if I didn't get it until Monday since there obviously was some kind of miscommunication between the two companies. She said she would check into the problem and call me back Monday either way - if the would supply the oxygen or not. I said that was fine.

Saturday I get a call from the same gal. Now she was inquiring if I owned the machine, or rented. I said I was under the impression that I owned it, as paperwork I had signed allowed Sleepmed to bill my insurance. She mentioned that they may be able to supply oxygen only as long as I owned the machine, but not if I rented, and she was going to have to check and get back to me on Monday. Again I said that was fine. Now it's Monday and I am waiting a phone call to find out what the hell is going on.

Sleeping with the machine ain't too bad. I am sure a few of you out there probably use, or have used, one before. They seem fairly common anymore. I am using a style that has "nasal pillows" - for those don't know, it is soft, pliable rubber that "sits" against the nostrils with adjustable headband gear to hold it in place. I am impresed how small and quiet the machine actually is - mine even has a humidifier. And it all came in a nice carry-on type shoulder bag, very convenient for traveling, and even just storage.

Last night was my second night using it. I still am a bit sore/tender feeling at my nose - I am sure until I get used to wearing it. I do already feel more alert throughout the day, and not so tired all the time. This morning I woke up feeling pretty stiff as well. I think it is because I actually slept in one position all night because I wasn't waking up so much. Overall, I am feeling better and hope to see more improvement over the course of time.

Thanksgiving is our next holiday coming up. Not sure what we are going to do. I think the in-laws are getting together at an aunt's house in Cottonwood - or is it Prescott? - I can't remember. I think my family is getting together at my sister's place. Wife and I haven't decided this exact minute what we want to do yet.

That's about all I got to say today. Be back maybe tomorrow.

PeacE

No comments: