Saturday, November 27

Sometimes, Life is Good

Yesterday morning started out pretty crappy. The whole thing about the daughter's car and all, just really brought her down, and me a bit too. Things worked out pretty good though, I think.

The guy that hit her, ended up getting a ticket for leaving the scene, and could have been charged with Hit and Run, but the daughter didn't want to press charges, just get the car fixed. within the hour of her calling me, I got a call from his insurance company. In short, they gave the contact info for a body shop that work with them, and Enterprise - both of whom straight bill the insurance so we need not worry about out of pocket. That was a relief. I called the body shop, and that's when we got some bad news. A few months ago, we had a hail storm across the valley, dropping some VERY large pieces of hail, and causing lots of hail damage to windows, vehicles, etc. Because this place works with insurances, they are booked until the 2nd week of January. About the time she would have to be back at school. We are planning to sit down this morning and figure out a good date for her to bring the car back up, and get it in, then try to schedule that date with the body shop.

Normally would be easy, but the snag that the car is still in her grandparents name, even though they gifted it to her. So the rental car then my MIL would have to go and sign, be the primary driver, etc. and just makes it a huge hassle. I am sure we can get it figured out, just a bit of a downer after everything was starting to look better about the resolving of the situation.

In the meantime, my cell phone took a crap yesterday. All the calls I made/received were full of static, and half the time the other party could not hear me. I ran into Verizon store (unfortunately close to the mall). Good News: my phone plan was ready for the upgrade. Better news: I was able to get a "touch" phone, with bluetooth, the ear piece, 2GB memory card (comes with USB attachment to load into computer), gel cover, and protective sheets for the glass - all for $20 more than it would have cost to just replace the phone with the compatible and pay the $50 deductible of the insurance. Yeah, I feel like I made out good! All because it was Black Friday and they were making deals.

It's Saturday. Nothing major planned. The older boys spent last night again at Sis' and will be coming home today.

PeacE

1 comment:

Joe said...

You do not have to get the car fixed at thei shop. If you can find anothe rshop that will do it for the same price they should pay it. Call the inusance company back and tell them waiting a month is not acceptable. be polite but firm. All it will cost is your time to complain.