Thursday, November 18

Day One (Again...)

... grumble ...

Yesterday was the start of my 'no more smoking' campaign. 'Cold Turkey' is what best describes the plan. 'Iced' is how it ended.

I went out to the pub, and ended up spending the evening there with some acquaintances. And as you have probably figured out, yeah, I bought some smokes. Sooooo ..... today I start again. Mid-afternoon now, and no cravings have really appeared. Maybe the alcohol is subduing them. I don't know. Either way, it sucks to have to start all over. Maybe this time I will control myself better.... then again, who knows.

Thanksgiving is in one week. This is usually one of my favorite holidays because it generally is celebrated by gathering for a meal. There are always many dishes to try, and desserts to eat. The bigger your family gathering, the more food there is.... how can one NOT love it? This year it may not be my favorite holiday.... damn diet. Then again, I could always splurge and then work it off by doing something. Heh. Yeah right.

The Wife and I discussed plans for Turkey Day and she conceded the decision to me as to which side of the family we would be getting together with for dinner. I didn't feel like driving up north, so we are going to Sis' house. I called her earlier today to let her know. She and the Reverend Mother will get together and decide who is making what, and then let me know what we need to bring. Stuman and his family are going to his in-law's so they won't be there.

Just watched "Iron Man 2" on dvd. Wasn't bad ... glad I didn't waste the money to see it in the theater though.

Ok, I think I am off to play some Warcraft.

PeacE

3 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

I'm glad you are joining us. I will make you a key lime pie - weight watcher recipe so very, very low in fat. Love you!

Spockgirl said...

You know, if you BUY the cigs, you are going to SMOKE them. That would be step one.

Ralphd00d said...

Yeah, I know. Buying means smoking them. Let's see if I can NOT buy anymore....