Friday, November 26

Too Tired to Do Anything

Whew! Yesterday was a nice, filled day! Spent Thanksgiving over at Sis' and left all 4 kids there for the night. I think this is the first time the Wife and I have had a night alone in... well, quite awhile. Only problem was that we were both pretty tired and just came home, did some computer stuff, then went to bed early. And slept. I even stayed in bed a bit longer than normal for me this morning. Unfortunately, the Wife had to work today.

So the kids are at Sis'. The daughter drove up there yesterday, and has plans to head up north to visit a cousin just for the day today. She had asked about taking my oldest son with her (he's 12), which we okayed, but he is unsure if he wants to go or not. I suppose I will find out when she let's me know she is taking off from there in a couple hours. Either way, she is planning on being home before 7 tonight.

Shit! I just got off the phone from my daughter. Seems some dick just side-swiped her car about 5 minutes ago. I guess the driver side back door now has the scrape on it, though it is still workable. Seems the neighbor came and rang the bell, had seen the whole thing happen and was able to give them a description of the car. So the BIL is out cruising the neighborhood in hopes of coming across them, and getting insurance info. Unfortunately, we are carrying only liability on the vehicle so would have to pay out of pocket otherwise for repairs. What a shitty start to today.

Just looked at the pic daughter sent on the phone. Isn't too bad, and looks like we maybe able to pop the dent out. The paint, that's the part I can't do. Update: turns out the neighbor across the street did it backing out of his drive. Police were able to get insurance info from the guy who kept trying to pin it all on my daughter. He was trying some stuff about, how she can't park on the street for more than 24 hours - which is BS. She cancelled her trip up north and is coming home so we can call his insurance and get all that taken care of.

Today is Day 5 of not smoking. I think I can quit counting them now. I have been out around smoker's and not felt any urges. I think I shall be ok about quitting, though I have not gone into a "stress test". I feel confident though.

Black Friday! Yeah, not going anywhere if I can avoid it. Sis will contact me about the boys being picked up by the Wife, or if she is bringing them home. Are you out shopping?

PeacE

No comments: