Wednesday, November 24

Tossed to the Roadside

I feel kinda crappy. I went out drinking yesterday, and that always seems to leave me feeling this way the next morning. Especially if I stay out later than I intend, which I did. Again. But, overall it was a good thing.

Speaking of good things, I have officially moved into Day 3 of not smoking. Yep, that's right. I went out drinking last night and didn't smoke. Of course, telling my smoker friends that I was trying to quit helped a little. Except for those offering me a cigarette for a dollar. No, they really didn't. In fact, 2 friends at different times of the evening gave me a cigarette, which I placed on the bar in front of me; and if it got bad enough (the cravings) I would pick it up and just smell it, then force myself to put it back down. Probably would have worked better if I had someone light it up, take a drag, then put it out. That way, it would smell "smoked" and not be as flavorful of an aroma. Oh well.

So, Day 3 has started and I don't have the morning craving for one as soon as I wake up. That's good. Also, I feel like I am hacking up a lung. Which is probably also good. Getting all that bad crap outta my system from being a smoker. Well, I know it all ALL the bad crap, but it is some of it from the lung direction anyways. Another day or two of this and it will stop as well... unless I am just sick, and not realizing it. But the rest of me feels ok, so I think I am not sick.

I went out yesterday and bought me a new compilation of Don Williams songs on karaoke disc. That's part of the reason I ended up at the bar last night for karaoke. RM had wore me out yesterday morning, so it was nice to just sit on a stool and drink. My legs are sore this morning, but not near as bad as I thought they would be. I need to get out today at some point and go to the grocery. Need to get the stuff my family is to bring tomorrow. I am almost actually looking forward to getting out to the store, and I hate crowds. Weird. Side effect of the not smoking? You know, hallucinating things/feelings???

In case I don't get some sort of drivel up before tomorrow, I hope all you readers out there have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and hope you are spending it with some sort of family, or good friends!

PeacE

1 comment:

Spockgirl said...

"I feel kinda crappy. I went out drinking yesterday, and that always seems to leave me feeling this way the next morning."
Ya think mebbe?

Congrats on Day 3. Willpower!