Thursday, April 21

Getting Set to Get Fit - or at least workout

We went out last night and had dinner at Outback. Preacher Tom and Reverend Mother came along. Actually, it was because of PT that we were out. His birthday is tomorrow, and the Wife and I decided that dinner would be a better present than something he doesn't need. We let RM come along just for the heck of it. It was a a good dinner.

This morning has been quite busy seemingly for me. I awoke at 5am. No idea why, just woke up and could not get back to sleep, so started the day. About 9 I headed out to Fry's Electronics and bought an ipod shuffle player, a wrist-band-type holder for it (for working out) and a headphone splitter. Well I call it a splitter. It basically allows 2 sets of headphones on one device. It'll be a present for my oldest son next month for his birthday. Then I headed to the Vitamin Shoppe and picked up some more Omega 3/Fish Oil pills that the doc wants me to be taking. Then my final stop was at 24 Hour Fitness, the gym nearest my home. I started a membership. Got a decent deal, no lengthy contract, 24 hr access, plus they have a lap pool, jacuzzi, sauna and steam rooms. Bonus! Since I was in there around 10'ish my time, it looked to be fairly empty of people, so figure I will do my routine about that time. Start of with some good bike and treadmill for cardio, and work up to and doing the elliptical. Maybe some free weights for the arms, and a few machines for chest. Yeah, I ain't pushing it hard at the start.

So that all done, I am here at home getting ready to charge and set up my ipod shuffle player. Then go through itunes and decide what I want to load onto it. Boring day otherwise.

PeacE

No comments: