Wednesday, April 27

Mid Week Excuses

I have been sitting here, playing games on Facebook, for the past couple hours. Aside from being *that* bored, it has been mainly as I sit here and think over and over in my head, excuses to NOT go to the gym this morning. Yeah, it has started already.... the excuse making.

Monday I had gone, did some bike riding, some treadmill, and some upper body work. But I overdid some of the upper body. I don't know if I subconsciously did it, or just because I was stupid. Either way, I was using more weight than I should have started out with, and even now, two days later, my arms ache...bad. Right on the inside bend of the elbow... those muscles at the edge of the forearm. One of those, every time you move the arm, it aches... and extending the arm. Ugh! I wince and move it very slowly, and it actually HURTS to get it fully extended. Yeah, I am sure it is muscle/tendon strain.... not a tear. Stupid me.

So, that's the biggest excuse running through my head. 'No sense in going just to ride the bike for a bit. Can't so much with the arms so much of the upper body stuff won't be done today.' Yeah, I know. I still need to get out and do the cardio if nothing else. But the excuses have been running through my head all morning. I got to get off here so I can get my ass moving.....

And Joe, sorry about you finding those 4 pounds....

PeacE

1 comment:

Spockgirl said...

Duh me... I was going to post a comment about starting off slow and easy with the exercise and that it is best to lose the weight gradually. But I didn't! So... here's my belated warning... don't overdo it or you might end up not wanting to do it at all.

If you were having difficulty with the walking, you have to proceed with caution at the gym.