Friday, April 22

Prepping for Pain

Welcome to another Friday. Glad you made it.

Easter weekend is upon us. Another Christian pagan holiday commercialized (in my opinion). So, yes, we have to spend money for candy/gifts for the kids. Well, not I. The Wife will though. I don't do that crap.

Today I plan on starting a new routine of going to the gym. I did get in yesterday to start my membership. I went out and bought my ipod. It is loaded and ready to go. I am just waiting about another hour or so for the 'morning rush' of people to get done there and get off the road. Or at least out of my way.

So, a few weeks ago, I had gone out with the buds for awhile, and had a few beers. Well, I guess I let the Wife decide to get another damn pet. A co-worker (her last job) had some pups to get rid of, and there was one that was a bit of a runt (at least from what I vaguely recall) that had black & white colorings/markings to make it resemble a cow. I had said if no one else claimed that particular one, we could get it. I was under the influence. I think the Wife went and told her to hold it for her, or rather, if no one was encouraged to get it, we would. Needless to say, she calls me last night to say that the pup is ready to come home (weaned). I was like, I thought we decided not to get it. Then she twisted my memory to what suited her.

I still have Rusty, Spawn of Satan, the cat. Now I am adding a dog as well... a pup at that. I am sure it is going to piss and shit all over the fricking house. Of course, since I am here most of the day, who is going to have to take care of cleaning it up? Me. Who is going to do the vet trips, and all the other crap involved in taking care of a dog? Me. Plus, now we can't just be gone for a couple days with no worries, or someone to take care of the pup. I am not happy. I am sure that this aggression will get a bit worked out at the gym, and then just leave me feeling defeated. It's not that I don't like pets, I just don't think they are good idea right now. And I hate having to be the one to do all the care-taking, when it wasn't I that wanted the damn thing.

Either way, the Wife is heading to Petsmart after work to pick up some food and dishes for the pup. Who knows what else... probably a chew toy, or something. She mentioned a newer litterbox for the cat, that has higher/closed-in more type top so not so much an open invitation for puppy snacks. Then picking it up and bringing it home. No idea what the name will be yet.

PeacE

2 comments:

Reverend Mother said...

oh come on son - you love dogs! We are looking for another Dobie, as I'm sure PT has told you. I'd go today (we already have treats, a bed, leash, etc for it) but with being gone most of Sunday, didn't want to leave it at home by itself. Until it gets to know us, we don't want to bring around the grandkids. PT is just being stubborn - but at least he is finally letting me get a dog - even if a 'big' one.

Joe said...

You have to name it Kitty. The irony factor alone makes it worth it.

Maybe "Bessie or Elsie" if it is a girl since it looks like a cow.

How about Spot -- so unoriginal it is original?

I have never yet seen a dog named Fido in real life.