Monday, December 31


Today is that day. The end of this year. Am I happy it is ending? Eh. Yes and no. There were some pretty crappy things that happened over the last twelve months. Some good things, too.

Either way, as tomorrow comes around, many people will be striving to 'make the change(s)' that they feel they need to do in order to love themselves better. Kudos to them. I think it is a bunch of bullshit. Why do it at one certain time of year, if it is something that they know needs done? Why wait til New Years? Makes no sense.

Me? Am I doing resolutions? Oh hell no. Sis has a thing she has tried to do the past handful of years. We generally all meet at her place for New Years lunch, where the Reverend Mother makes ribs, black-eyed peas, cole slaw, and I am sure I am forgetting something else. The RM calls it all a 'Poor Man's something-or-other' and it supposedly to bring good luck to us. Years ago she used to put a silver dollar in the cole slaw, and whoever got it (usually me) was supposed to have good luck this next year as well. I think it was rigged, as I always go last, and seemingly, I am the only one that really likes cole slaw, so I got the biggest helping of it. I think everyone else was just being kind in taking any at all. Strictly my opinion.

So, good things for next year? Personal goals? Things to strive for? Bad habits to correct? Yeah, I got them all... Am I going to share? Not on your life! Well, I'll concede to the point that, if I do admit some things, you'll have to read about it here, when it happens. If that doesn't bring you back everyday, wondering what changes/things I am doing, nothing will. But hey, that's how I roll.

I will admit I want to go see 'Les Mis' in the theaters.

PeacE

No comments: