Thursday, April 12

Stalking - my newest hobby

I sometimes get my teeth so gritted onto something, I don't stop until I pass out or I solve it. Every once in awhile, Richmond gets me on one of them damn puzzles ... but let me get off that topic and back where I mean to be. So I avidly research everything I can on whatever has my deep interest, until I can understand it to the level I need to, or til I show it is non-exist ant/impossible to follow such a thought. Sometimes I even do this stuff just for fun like on www.thestone.com which has had some very hard puzzles to work out.

I mentioned stalking though. Yeah, stalking like a predator following his prey, noting habits, traditions, times when alone or not. Who, and more importantly, why? Beats the fuck outta me. And the person is Hoosierboy. Yes you big hunk you... No, and it isn't really stalking either, just a hunt for information. I get curios about people sometimes... it's a distraction for me. It all started back one day about a year or so ago ....

I had just started into reading blogs, and Fat in Indiana was one I had found early somehow, that I found was fun to read. I had it in my faves list for a long time before I ever got the nerve to comment on something. Anyways, shortly after I started up my own blog, and between comments on the two places, I found out HB and I had "chewed some of the same dirt" on where we grew up at in central Indiana. I would mention a place, and HB would be 'Yeah, that was next door to ......' so it just sort of creeps me out that we were that close proximity and if we ever met when we were younger. Weird are the thoughts that go through my head during a boring day at work....

Like any good researcher (as HB would know since he used to work in a Library) start with the basics about the subject. I spent the last couple days reading all his archives. I tell you what, there are some damn good posts back in his early days. *NOTE* I would like to see the next chapter about the VP if the US being at the Indy 500.

What did I come up with after researching archives and other sources available? Absolutely jack crap. Well, not really. I have many details of places we would have shared area, have a bit on his family history - which brings me up to more direct questions if we are even related by slight chance.... and a few miscellaneous facts that would only matter if I were considering him as a marriage partner (which I am easily glad to say neither of our wives would be happy about).

Alright, enough of that. As you can tell I have been stuck on this chase for 2 days, and therefore have nothing of interest to write about. My life is boring as hell right now. I've given up smoking cigarettes (it hurts to much to continue to try to smoke them after the pneumonia) and at least I have not given up drinking, though the drinks now taste different. Must be from the not smoking. ::sigh:: I don't know what to do.

Here's a short entertaining story for you. My daughter was about 2 1/2 when we bought her "The Fox and the Hound" video for some reason. She really enjoyed watching the movie, and one day I figured I would tease her. When she was younger she had a lot of empathy for everything. Near the beginning of the movie, you see the mother fox bring the baby over the fence, then slink back out to the woods. Then a moment later you hear the rifle shot the supposedly concludes her life (at least I always thought that way). So I was commenting with daughter:" Ohhh, there's the fox. What is it doing?"

"Bringing the baby fox to the house".
" And now she is running away - how come?"
"So the baby fox can grow up at the house."
About this time I pause waiting for the sound of the gun. POW! "What was that?"
Daughter turns at me and expecting her to tear up and cry about how the momma fox is dead, she says" It was a gunshot dad." - Here's my sign.

PeacE

No comments: