Monday, April 9

What's new in the last week ...

That's a good one. I have asked myself this one nearly each day over the last week, to see what insight I can bring you from the world of pneumonia, or what funny crap can happen. I guess it just isn't me though. Besides being tired a large portion of the time, I did much of nothing. I watched several DVDs I had not watched in awhile, and finished the season of "My Name is Earl" which was stupid. I tried to read, but could only get about 20 minutes in at a time before falling asleep.

But then I think back to just that day under a week ago, when I am lying n the floor beside the bed, wheezing, trying to catch my breath, thinking this sucks, and passing out. Some good has come from this incident: I quit smoking. I was never a big smoker. Figured on the average day about 5-6 cigs a day, maybe more like a pack plus if I went out after work to the bar. Now it is zero. I tried once or twice whilst in the recuperating stages to "sneak a drag" but the burn in the lungs taught me to just say stop and get on with a healthier me. One of those good slaps life gives ya to get yer attention to get your ass in order. I sure as hell don't need a heart attack prior to the youngest boy being 5.

The Wife and FIL both worked on the roof all last week. I don't know how the Wife got the time from work, but she did. As of this morning, they are just starting the shingles. We ended up having to replace 99% of the plywood as it was all under code, and thoroughly damaged. I am hoping by tomorrow they will be done. I am waiting for the Wife to tally how much we actually "saved" by her doing it this way. I had a quote for close to $6K and 2 days. Here it has been over a week, and I don't know the $ she has spent to date.

So I have noticed that several of my friends are starting to slow down. I think it might be an age thing. I went out Saturday afternoon for a friend's Bday party (another one hitting 50, hmmm) and noticed that those people I hang around have slowed some since 5-6 years plus ago. And I was happy about that! I think I am getting that same mind set as well.

Monday morning, I am back at work. My Supervisor has caught me up to date on the 4 files I have left. I lost 3 loan officers for my team in the last week - supposedly having nothing to do with my not being there. Had to do with other office issues probably (how they were paid). So I have no wonderful month to look forward too, and no idea when they are going to hire more. I may talk to the owners about that today as well - not that I am leaving here, just to get an idea when I might have more workers.

Y'all have a good start of the week, and let's see if I can't find something good to post about later on!

PeacE

No comments: