Wednesday, April 4

Good (Early) Morning

Early for me that is. This being sick really is not fun ... a little bit it might be. But for the most part it isn't. There are "recreational drugs" if I wanted it to be just fun.

I am feeling better just short of 24 hours from seeing the doctor. Of course, 2 shots in the hips, and 6 prescriptions over the course of 24 hours should help get the patient better. I am doing breathing treatments, steroids, antibiotics, some powdery lung medicine, and some cold fluid to help break stuff up. Course this means I get to drink an abnormal amount of juices and fluids that I normally do not partake of. I am deciding loving the mixture of Tampico (fruit punch and the orangey flavor) mixed up with 7-up for the carbonation to help rinse down the throat. Between that, and as much bed rest as I want are the only two things I got going for me.

Well, that's not true. I had a VERY interesting night last night. At first I had a difficult time getting to sleep. I think it was from all the sleeping I did earlier in the day. By 3'ish I was starting to drowse off and would wake myself up having an interview, or conversations, with - this is funny - some of you fellow blog readers. I could not remember any specific conversation except one and it ended when I asked to Dragonlady474 (of Dragon's Den) "How goes the new place?". The other one had something to do with MrsJoseGoldbloom (Padded Cell) but I don't recall any of it. I know Freddie (of Warts-n-all) was in the background of one, and several others in some of the others, but I can't remember any more specifics. Then I actually get past that part and the dreams started. I can't remember much of them but lucid colors, and trying to read a blog that I could not scroll, back page, do anything to move it, except start over and read it faster as it went. That's when I decided I should get up and get some blogging out of the way. Maybe it will help.

Well, I need to get going to start up the morning routine of breathing treatment and meds. Then a follow up to the Dr to make sure my oxygen intake is higher, or they are going to admit me to the hospital. That would suck, no computer access, can't see the kids (though they only talk to me from the doorway). And no real food. UGH! Glad I AM feeling better!!

Hope y'all stay in better health! We will be back later!

PeacE

UPDATE: The roof is probably halfway completed now. The Wife and father in law are doing a good job replacing nearly all the plywood sheets (99% of them were under code) and should start the paper and shingles today. I suppose that may help keep me awake today so I will sleep better tonight. I sort of feel bad I am not up there helping, but I do not have that much energy, and I am not getting on the roof for sure! Couple more days, and hopefully roof and I both will be repaired!

No comments: