Monday, October 22

Back to the Real World

I realized this morning at the early hour of 6am that I have to come back to reality. The daughter has early morning band practices again after a week off. I was so enjoying not having to get up as early to take her. Of course, then I have to return to the office as well. Definitely a sign that the weekend is over. A weekend I was thoroughly enjoying.

Friday night I was to attend the class to start my weight-loss program. I had shown up a good hour early (no since driving part way across town in rush hour, since I was already close to the place). At the desk I casually informed them I was there for the meeting at 6 and then I was told it had been canceled due to only 2 people signing up. My boss had not informed me of that requirement. So now I am signed in for this Friday at 6pm.

Saturday I traded off some books with a friend of mine, and spent the afternoon playing video golf. The daughter had band competition that evening out at ASU and they placed a Superior rating which won their division. Sunday, probably against their better judgment, the team allowed me again to keep score. This time we one by a run, and then headed to the team bar for drinks and to watch the Redskins-Cardinals game. Many Cards fans were in the house, since the game was in Washington. My buds and I tried to offset the numbers, but there were too many of them. I was hanging my head at the end when they were in long field goal range, and the Cards sent out Neil Rackers to kick. They only needed a field goal to win, and he missed the 55 yd shot, so my Redskins won by 2 points. What a feeling! Too bad the NY Giants, and Dallas both won their games as well. At least Philly lost.

So overall, it was a good weekend. Now I am back in the office (which is even emptier) trying to keep busy, wondering when I am moving my stuff over, and when will the new place be ready to move into. Half my LO's are out of the office since most of their stuff is moved, or they are here trying to do some work, and then leave early for the day. Sometimes shit ain't fair I guess.

Alright, I got a few phone calls to make to get some stuff done. Hope your weekend was good. See ya tomorrow!

PeacE

No comments: