Monday, October 1

I'm ready for a nap ...

It was too early of a morning for me today. I am only about halfway through the day at work, been here an hour and a half early even. Hopefully will be back to normal tomorrow ....

Friday night was a blast for us. We had beat the daughter to the pizza place and had banners hanging up saying Happy Bday and Sweet Sixteen. When she made it in, it took her a few minutes to realize who it was, and she as embarrassed. The Wife had gotten her a tiara, a sweet sixteen Tshirt, a banner (like the beauty models wear) that says Sweet sixteen, and had the daughter put it all on for pictures. Her friends sat at the table next to us, egging her on. then they got the whole place (filled mostly with students from the game) to sing her happy birthday. Her aunt and family had made it up there as well. By the time we got home (midnight) she finally admitted to having a blast. We gave her the rest of her presents then, and laid down her big one for her. She is now anxiously studying the drivers manual for her test since I okayed her getting a Learner's Permit.

Saturday was a good day. I played some video golf with my buddies, and ten later on I went out and ran into some old friends I hadn't seen in awhile. It was good to talk and catch up on stuff, and people we don't see often anymore. Got updated on a lot of things going on. Sunday is when it all fell apart.

I get up to do the normal Sunday thing - softball and then the race, and football games. As I enter the bathroom, I step into a fresh pile of dog shit. Not just stepped in, but got it right between the toes, so it squishes between all of them. And the smell was just horrendous. So I clean that up. I get into my car to leave, and the battery is dead. I have no time to wait a couple hours for the car parts place to open, so figure I would do it later in the day. I caught one of the players on the way to the game, and caught a ride. Spent the afternoon up at the pub, and got a ride home no problem. Went to work on getting the battery out of the car. I ended up stripping the positive (red) side of the post. Damn side mounted batteries! I had vice grips on it - strip! pliers - strip! Hell I started with the proper sized socket, which stripped it first!

So this morning, I had to get up way early to catch a ride to work with my Wife. While dropping off the kids at Grandma's house, I asked my father in law if he could run over and see if he could get the damn battery out. I explained what had happened to me, and that with little light, I was afraid of breaking it. He is going to see if he can do anything to help me out.

Other than that, things are same-o same-o. I need to get back to actually clearing stuff off this desk. Be back later, or tomorrow.

PeacE

No comments: