Wednesday, October 10

Oh boy! Today is a doozy! I got the music running through my head like crazy and I can't get it to stop! Not that it is a bad song ... See if you recognize this first verse:

When the night returns just like a friend
When the evening comes to set me free
When the quiet hours that wait beyond the day make
Peaceful sounds in me
Took a drag from my last cigarette
Took a drink from a glass of old wine
Closed my eyes and I could make it real and
Feel it one more time

Oh yeah.. if your under 30 you may not know it. So I got this song running through my head, then it switches over to this one :

Coffee black, cigarettes,
start this day, like all the rest,
First thing in the morning that I do,
is start missing you

Okay, this one is from a bit earlier than the first. I'll even give you a hint... it's Country. So these two songs are playing back to back to back in my head, and I'm plugging away at the paperwork humming them. Talk about some weird looks from those passing by my office .... I have a feeling I will be going out for karaoke tonight at the regular pub. Wonder if they have either song - be my luck they won't.

Works okay. Family is okay. Car is running. Time to start watching for the next bad thing to happen. I'm such a pessimist. I'll leave you with this last bit from Murphy's Law:

An Optimist is never pleasantly surprised.

Wondering about the songs still? The first one is Neil Diamond "If You Know What I Mean" and the second is Don Williams "Some Broken Hearts Never Mend".

PeacE

No comments: