Tuesday, October 9

My Wheels are Back in Motion

Ahhhhhh! It's nice to have my car back! As of last night I was going to call some junkyard co. to come and take the POS away. I spent an hour trying to wire the universal side mount, but every time I went to attach it to the battery, one of the wires would come loose. Finally I got so frustrated I went out for a few cold ones to calm down. Once I got home again, I got the sucker hooked up, the door locks clicked, light came on, I get in the car to start it up, and nothing. The damn main had pulled out of the damn mount. Either way, this morning before work I spent 10 minutes re-doing it all, and it worked on the first try.

Ten years and more ago, I loved working on cars. I did all my own work when it came to tune ups and brakes. About the only stuff I wouldn't mess with was AC/Heat and windows. A simple spark plug replacement would take me forever, because I would totally inspect each wire and plug, then use the gap measure for best results. But I have noticed over the past 5 years, I have started hating working on a vehicle with a passion. Need to change a tire, or at least put on a spare - no way do I want to mess with it. I think it has to do with the weight I have put on over the years, and the toll it has taken on my back. Hell, just the leaning over the battery has put some muscle pain into my lower back today.

The Halloween month is upon us now. I wonder how many days it will be before I see Santa Claus ads prior to the 31st of this month. I know I need to get over to the Dollar Store and pick me up some loot. Not that I sit at home and give it away ... My kids usually go to the church with the Wife and enjoy "Harvest Festival" where they have little game booths, etc and everyone gets candy. I went one year, and was bored outta my gourd, and the two older kids were feeling about the same. I wonder how they feel about going this year .... Maybe I should ask, or maybe not.

Welp, I think I should stop messing around here and pretend to get some work done. I was hoping to be busy this morning, everyone catching up after a holiday, but it has been the opposite. I haven't had much to do as of yet. Keeps up this way today, and I will definitely be unstable by the end of the day. Y'all have a good one, and see ya later.

PeacE

No comments: