Monday, October 29

I'm gonna miss me!!!

One of the few comics I remember from years ago is of Garfield the cat. It is during one of the phases that Jon, his owner, and Liz, his vet, seek to put him on a diet. The final frame int he strip shows Garfield hugging himself saying "I'm going to miss me!"

That's sort of how I feel today. After spending several years building up to pony keg belly I now have, I am going to watch it slowly disappear, and actually be happy about it. Friday night I went to the meeting at the gym for the 8 week exercise program. They did some measurements of the thigh (27"), the waist (57 1/2"), and BP (I missed what that one was, but I know it was pretty high), had before photos taken (front and side profiles), then the inevitable weight. I'm feeling pretty good. I had weighed myself on the regular Kmart scale a couple months ago, and was at 275. Hell, not even close. They weighed me in at 325, and maybe 5 pounds of that was the clothes and stuff I had in my pockets. 325 - No way do I look that heavy, or so I thought. Great - definitely a prime candidate for this program now, so I paid the refundable $50, provided my info, and scheduled an appointment with the Dr. that is running the study.

Saturday morning I met with the Dr. I knew hi pretty well, as he is friends with my bosses, and I had personally done his refinance at least 3 times over the years. Everything checked out fairly well - except I need to visit the PT for my left hip and right scapula. They don't have equal range of motion as the other side, and will need some extra exercising. But he did clear me to start the program. Which is tonight.

Three classes an hour long each. I am required to do just those 3 classes each week. One dealing with weights, one with stretching yoga/tai-chi stuff, and the last one using resistance balls, etc.
After the first 2 weeks, the PT will okay me to have free reign at the gym outside of the classes, so I will be spending several days a week there. The Dr said a good goal for 8 weeks is about 35 pounds. And lots of muscle mass. I'm going to be built like I was in HS within the year. I am stoked.

So now that I have bored you with that, wanna go for a run?

PeacE

No comments: