Monday, October 22

It Got Broke

Sometimes I get myself involved in stuff I shouldn't. I just can't help myself. I think the beer doesn't help any either. Several weeks ago (like before football season started) a couple buddies and I were talking and playing pool, when the idea came up about getting together a little group and have like a Redskins Club. The three of us are Redskins fans, so for shits and giggles I went along with their idea. The beer told me to. So one was appointed President, myself as VP, and the third as Treasurer. No biggee, but now, weeks later, it is turning into something bigger. Stingers, the bar that sponsors not only our pool team, but our softball team as well (and happens to be my local hangout pretty much) gave us the okay to promote the bar as a Redskins bar. To that end, the past few Sundays have gotten more and more fans up to watch the games, with this week being our biggest so far with about 20 people. I am not saying in the whole bar, but there specifically due to our group. Our Treasurer is working on designing a business card for us (he is in the printing industry), and I have been given the duty of marketing/promotion basically. Yeah, maybe I bit off more than I should have. I was beat yesterday after getting everything together for yesterday, and already I hearing rumors next weeks group is going to be bigger. Ay yi yi.

So what is broke? Oh, my silverware drawer from the kitchen. Our house is an old one. I think the build date is like 1962, or there-abouts. Most of the building is original still, though a previous owner had added on the family room at the back prior to us. Either way, the silverware drawer seems to get the most action in the kitchen, as you can figure, and over the past 12 years, it has had some pretty hard knocks, let alone the lifetime before us. Either way, we have done our best to piece it back together after each incident of falling apart. Last night was no exception, except the wood broke along the groove cut, where the pressboard bottom slides in on the side piece. I know the MIL has some wood glue, so I will be doing that later today, followed up by doing some light carpentry work once it has had time to set good.

Monday is here, and I seem to be feeling it this morning. I am off to have a pity party.

PeacE

No comments: